Dream Big. Failure isn't the end, its the first step in a new direction.

Where is the line between trusting God and being foolish?  Is there one?  Are they the same thing, on some level?  I've been thinking about this a lot this semester as I start to move towards the summer and the internship I need to find.  I've been studying Worship Arts for two whole semesters and two half semesters now, and I really feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.  I just sort of jumped into this whole thing with no experience, no training in the area.  And instead of having three years to get ready for my internship I had less then two.  So what kind of internship do I look for?  An easy one, where there will be lots of people to pick up the slack when I am clueless?  Or do I find something fun, exciting and adventurous where I will be mostly on my own?  I'm sure I will learn from both since any experience at all at this point will be more then I have now.  But which would be better for me?  Is it right to even try to push myself when I know I don't have the experience and hope that I can blunder my way through it with God's help?  Or should I go somewhere safe where I can't cause any damage?

I'm also wondering what I should do with myself next year.  I tried to be an RA, but that didn't pan out.  So I want to apply for Social Activities coordinator, where I'll be working with all sorts of other people.  But then I thought 'What about Worship Leader?' I mean that is what I plan on going into as a career.  But I've sung a total of one time on an actual worship team... I have no idea what I'm doing.  But isn't that what my education is for?  Shouldn't I be putting it to use?  I sought some advice, they told me to give it a shot.  If nothing else the answer would be no, and that's not the end of the world.  But is it right to try?  What if I get the job, and then fail miserably and leave them short a leader?  Or is that a trust issue that I shouldn't worry about... should I just trust my professors and the chapel people to know whether or not I'm qualified enough?  Should I trust God?  Is my biggest fear rejection, or failure?  Should I worry about either?  Is it right to say 'I'll apply for this and leave it up to God to sort out the mess?' I just don't know.  But I need experience and I need to stretch myself and move beyond my shyness and fears.  If nothing else I have the determination and an amazing ability to B.S. my way through stuff that hasn't failed me yet.

So I'll throw myself out there and trust in God to sort out the pieces and shut doors where they need to be shut and open doors where they need to be opened.

Comments

Popular Posts