The Brightest Star

***UPDATE***

A very nice lady messaged me on Facebook earlier this evening to tell me that she had read this post, and to let me know that she had made mp3 versions of this cassette tape.  She gave me a link to a google drive where all the songs had been uploaded and said that I was welcome to share the link here.  So here it is!  I am so excited about this and am reliving my childhood now as I listen through the album.

***

The next three nights leading up to Christmas Eve are going to be a little bit different.  Instead of choosing just one song, I'll be talking about three albums that I enjoy, but for one reason or another couldn't use for just one song.

My choice for today is The Brightest Star.  The copy I own is actually on cassette tape, and I couldn't find any of the songs to post online, which is sad and the reason why I couldn't post any of the songs earlier.  The Brightest Star is a collection of 11 Christmas songs put together by Precious Moments.  Its a kids tape really, and I've had it for a long time, so its one of my earliest Christmas music memories.  There are a lot of real cute songs on there, like Christmas Cookies by Mom, Good Things Come in Little Packages and others, and some more serious songs as well such as The Brightest Star and It was a Starry Night.  I was really rather disappointed when I couldn't find any of these favorite memories of mine to post.  I will post the lyrics to my favorite song from the album, It was a Starry Night, even though there won't be any music to go along with.

It was a starry night
When He came down to earth
It was a holy light
That marked His lowly birth
It shone down upon
The infant son of God
Emmanuel--Messiah

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo

The shepherds were alone
Beneath those starry skies,
But then the glory shone
Before their very eyes.
And the angels sang
The sweetest song to them
"Peace on the earth,
Goodwill to men".

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo


And then the wise men came
Three weary travelers
To give the newborn king
Gold frankincense and myrrh
They bowed down before
The promised Holy One
Emmanuel--Messiah

Gloria in excelsis Deo
Gloria in excelsis Deo

Comments

  1. Thank you so much ive been searching forever for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I've been searching forever, just in time for Christmas! THANK YOU! To the person who gave you the link and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I was searching for this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I just need to find the other christmas albums by precious moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to get the link. how do i do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ignore i have it ! Thanks and God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found it, thanks so much! I would love to get my hands on the sheet music for some of these songs...anyone have any ideas??

      Delete
  8. Hello I am the writer of these songs. They were written for companies that were later sold and they eventually went out of print. I feel very sad that folks recall my music fondly.... but can’t locate them too easily.
    I have seen online that some church choir directors kept copies and have shared them.

    I live in Nashville, TN where I had a good songwriting career with my husband David Huntsinger. We both try to still fulfill requests for our songs via a small fee through PayPal. Choir directors may email David at: davidhuntsinger@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo happy to have tumbled into this site! I've been searching for my cassette for a few years, as I think its buried in the back of my classroom's closet. I want a new generation of students to enjoy Christmas cookies by mom! & Little Packages. I got the tape when my 27 year old son was born, and it's seen some better days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg thank you! so hard to find and I can now share it with my girls, niece and nephews and the kids i work with squee!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment