Redecorating!

"Decorate your home.  It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting then it really is." -- Charles M. Schultz.

Mom and I started redecorating the first floor bathroom today.  I love painting.  I don't like all the work that goes into getting a room ready for painting, particularly when there is wallpaper involved.  Here's what the room looked like when we moved here, before we got started.


 

 


So the goal is to tear off the paper and paint the upper part of the walls where the paper is purple/plum.  Which I realize sounds sort of plain, but I've got some surprises up my sleeve to liven it up, which I will share with you once we are finished!

As far as the bottom half of the room, the paneling is going to stay, but instead of white we're just going to dry brush a real light purple over the wood.  It won't look too different then it does now.

So today we stripped wallpaper (which was HORRIBLE.  I hate wallpaper), although the walls aren't anywhere near being ready to paint because there is some paint peeling on parts and messy drywall on other parts, so there is a little more work to be done before we can paint.

I also cleaned the bottom really well, which subsequently helped to take off the layer of paint that is on there right now.


We're going to leave the brown wood trim, but I think we're going to replace the towel and toilet paper holders, because they are gross.

We also need to clean the wood trim and cabinets really well, and the floor when we are finished obviously.

 The hope is to have it done by Wednesday.  Here's how it looks so far:




More to come this weekend!

Here is a link to a board I created on pinterest to keep track of some of the ideas we've come up with for the bathroom if anyone is interested in spoilers.  =)  Pinterest Board


Comments

Popular Posts