Santa and Family

Santa-- I can't remember if I ever believed in Santa or not, so I don't really have a lot to say on that subject and would much rather spend time writing about family because that's much more important to me.  However I will say this.  I think it is a little bit sad that so many kids know about Santa Clause and all that, but they don't actually know about the real St. Nick from way back when.  Wouldn't it be great if kids learned about a REAL LIFE guy who wanted to help people so much and who made people happy and did nice things?  Maybe some of those kids would want to do the same thing, and maybe instead of Christmas being all about getting gifts, kids would be more excited about GIVING them too.  Just a thought.

Family-- Family is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas/Holiday season.  Now more then ever I think that Christmas and family go even more hand in hand in my mind then they did in the past.  While I've always spent Christmas with my immediate family, in the past few years its become one of the rare times in the year where its been the only time that everyone has been home, and this year it will be my first time being home in nearly six months.  I don't want to sound too sappy but I do have to say that I love being around my family.  We all know each other so well (for better or worse) and its so nice to be able to just fall back into the pattern of being together with the people who you've spent your whole life with.  Even when they get annoying or make me angry I still love being with my family because not only do I love them but I know that they love me as well, and its a great feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts