Snow and Holly

Snow-- I really like snow.  I know some people find it to be annoying but I feel like having snow on the ground at least makes the cold weather worth it.  Well, let me clarify.  I like snow when there is enough of it to cover everything and be all white and pretty and stuff.  I don't like it quite as much when it just melts right away and turns everything wet and slushy and gross.  But my favorite thing is when it sticks to the trees, and the sun is shining and the snow is all glittery and it makes everything look clean and bright and a like a 'winter wonderland.' 

Holly-- Does anybody actually know what holly is?  I google it and apparently there are a handful of different types of holly which is just even more confusing.  Anyways.  When I think of holly I think of the song "The Holly and the Ivy" and the Manheim Steamroller version in particular which is on one of my favorite Christmas albums.

Comments

Popular Posts