The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity... (JFK)

...In a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity.

I have had a cool opportunity presented to me. It could be a really neat thing. I haven't made up my mind for 100% sure yet on whether I'm going to take it or not, but at the moment, I want to. I want to think about it for a little bit, just to make sure I'm not making a rash, emotionally driven decision that I'll regret in a few days. I need to pray about it as well and see where God wants me at this point in my life.

I choose my quote for a couple reasons. One, because it has the word Chinese in it, and that's just cool. Two, because this post is about opportunity, and I think that it is relevant to the situation I am in. I don't know if I would really call this whole thing a crisis. At least not my part in it. Though I don't really know what the definition of the crisis is either so who knows. Anyways, that's not really the point. The point is, I have a lot of freedom all of the sudden. I have the chance to do some things I would never have gotten the opportunity to do before. There is also a lot of danger right now of me just letting myself check out of life and shutting down, or doing something because I am hurt, angry or scared and wanting to run away. I need to be able to discern between some of the great opportunities I have and the irrational decisions I may want to make.

I'll let you know how things go with that.

Comments

Popular Posts