Child of the Promise

The Child of the Promise is a musical of the story of the birth of Christ.  It starts with Zacharias and Elizabeth hearing from the angels about John's birth, and goes through Anna and Simeon blessing Jesus.  It looks at the individual characters, which I enjoy and think is fairly singular to this particular album.  Like Emmanuel, I didn't really feel like I could include just one song from the album, without context.  I also had a hard time finding clips for it as well.

There are a few songs that I think are really good on this album with focuses that not many other Christmas songs have, and I think its more individual focus it what sets it apart and makes it a good Christmas album.  Again I wish that I could share some of these songs, but I haven't yet been able to find any. 

Well tomorrow is going to be the last day for my Christmas songs.  I've really enjoyed finding these songs and thinking more about why it is I enjoy them and what they mean to me.  I hope you've enjoyed it as well.

Comments

Popular Posts