Hand of Sweet Release



Come thou long expected Jesus,
Come illuminate the mysteries of life.
Come redeem us from the refuse,
Bring an end to endless suffering and strife.
Be the star that shines so brightly
That it draws our weary eyes to the sky,
to Heaven’s sky.
Dearest child of new beginnings,
Be the start of something beautiful, I cry.

There’s an end to all the waiting,
There’s an answer to the “who?” and “where?” and “why?” . . . tonight.
All the years anticipating,
Are surrendered to a tiny baby’s cry.
There’s a dawn to follow darkness,
There’s a face to fill the title, “Prince of Peace.”
What he promised, he delivered
I am saved by the hand of sweet release.

In this war I’ve been a captive,
Just a sinner seeking life and liberty.
But these hands that hold me tightly
Are the hands that set my shackled spirit free.
Blessed Jesus, meek and lowly,
You have come into my life and made it new,
Now I’m new.
Out of bondage into everlasting light,
I owe everything to you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~++++++~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Still the Greatest Story Ever Told" is one of the albums for me where as soon as I hear it I know its officially the Christmas season. The title track itself is an awesome song and may end up here on the blog eventually, but Hand of Sweet Release is my favorite from the album. This song makes me think of all the prophecies, covenants, and promises that Christ fulfilled by his birth. Even when mankind messes up time and time again God keeps His promises. Christ came to earth as a baby to be the Savior knowing that even those who choose to follow Him would mess up at times. God always fulfills His side of the bargain even when His children so often don't.

Comments

Popular Posts