White Christnas




I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~++++++~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This song is a Christmas classic.  Who doesn't want to wake up Christmas morning and see snow covering the ground and the trees.  The sun sparkles off the flakes, and it makes everything look clean and bright despite the fact that underneath the trees and plants are bare and dead.  Snow is the only redeeming factor in all the cold of winter in my opinion.  The fact that we've barely gotten any snow yet here in Ohio is not really surprising, but it is rather disappointing.  If the temperature is going to be under 30, it means that its officially freezing outside, so there should be snow.  At least in my opinion.  And that really has nothing to do with the song I suppose.

 Mom and I are singing this song in choir and it has a first verse that I couldn't find a video but that I think adds some more meaning to the dreams of a white Christmas....

 The sun is shining, the grass is green
The orange and palm trees sway.
There's never been such a day
In Beverly Hill's LA.
 But its December the 24th
And I am longing to be up north
(up north)

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

 While we haven't actually had white Christmases here at home for the past couple of years (which is rather depressing I will admit) it has at least snowed before and after.  I can't imagine a Christmas season without the snow.  Its so beautiful and pure looking, it just makes everything seem fresh and I love it!  Snow seems simple, but this mere form of precipitation has inspired songs and poems and is important in the hearts of many, mine very much included. 

Comments

Popular Posts